Sunday, September 24, 2006

Blogger Categories and the lack thereof

I've been blogging for about a month now, not really gotten the hang of it. I've made many posts to my main blog "The Paradigm Shift" and received over 3,000 vistors so far. The only problem is that there are no categories in my blog and now it is unusable for me. I made the blog originally as a storage of helpful items and tips that I would need to refer back to.

I just ran across something now in Java that I worked out a solution for in the past, (How to check if a date is valid in Java) and posted to my blog, but now it is buried in archives somewhere. It took more than a few seconds to go back and find it.

Now Beta Blogger came out with the new blogger categories and I am trying this out with this new blog. I heard that soon Blogger will allow you to convert your existing blog over to the new blog format with categories, but I didn't want to wait so thus, this blog.